Designer Spotlight: 10 Things We Love About Designer Suzanne Kasler
July 10, 2014
Suzanne Kasler is an Atlanta-based interior designer who is set to release her second design book this October. She has not only designed homes from here to Kenya, she also has several signature lines with companies we adore.
Her palette is whimsical but muted, her style full of elegance and grace while remaining practical. We love so much about Suzanne, we had to make a list.
1. She has a line with Hickory Chair, among others. It’s no secret that we love the North Carolina furniture firm Hickory Chair, so to know of her affinity with the company too makes us feel that we are kindred spirits.
2. Her upholstery line with Lee Jofa that shows off her whimsical eye.
3. Suzanne’s home decor line with Ballard Designs that perfectly captures her personality. We read once that she collects little Eiffel Towers from every trip she takes to Paris, and so it’s fitting to see one here in her line.
4. Her passion for design in its infant stages. It starts with the blueprints of a home, and Suzanne’s been known to ensure that certain details (no bare bones, big closets, storage) are attended to so as to prevent interior design hiccups later on.
5. Her creativity knows no bounds, and there are certainly no borders. Imagine having the opportunity to design a home in Kenya. Check out what she did with this incredible space.
6. Suzanne’s work with Blackberry Farm is stunning. The charming hotel and resort is nestled in Tennessee’s Great Smokey Mountains, and Suzanne’s touch there added that extra fairytale wistfulness to the interiors. See what we mean?
7. She designed a line of rugs for Safavieh. Beautiful rugs.
8. It doesn’t stop there. Suzanne’s own lighting line she designed for Visual Comfort won us over, too.
9. She makes fine art. Yes, the woman of many talents also created a line of prints for Soicher Marin that are windows into the quirky person of Suzanne Kasler. We love the horseshoes and horse-bit details.
10. Her love of gilt furniture. We love it, too. How could we not?
What do you love about Suzanne Kasler?
All photos courtesy of suzannekasler.com