How to Use Marsala, Pantone’s 2015 Color of the Year
January 9, 2015
Not only is Marsala the name of a delicious Sicilian wine, it’s also Pantone’s color of the year. This soft shade of vino, not to be confused with a bolder Cabernet, can be gently infused into your decor in so many ways. Here are 5 examples of how you can make use of 2015’s hottest color.
1. Time to update your fabrics? Admittedly, Margaret isn’t thrilled about the color, but we’re embracing it still by pulling Marsala-incorporated fabrics and brainstorming on how to help celebrate the shade.
2. Add subtle pops of color with a Marsala-colored lamp like this one from one of our favorite lighting vendors, Wildwood.
3. Marsala is just the right hue to add timeless elegance to a vintage upholstered sofa, like this one:
4. A wine-colored leather ottoman is a beautiful way to glam up a home office.
5. A Marsala desk table like this one would not only be a space saver but it also adds a simple touch of class.
What do you think of the 2015 Color of the Year?