Last month the MDI team participated in the Lowcountry Giving Day. This is the day that the Coastal Community Foundation encourages local non-profits to use online technology to stimulate donor engagement and increase donor reach. Each year this day raises millions for Charleston area non-profits. This year the Lowcountry Giving Day raised nearly $4.2 million! Here’s how we each contributed:
Liz: Charitable Society of Charleston
– Providing for the needs of local not-for-profit organizations who help individuals in our community. Our members are particularly interested in organizations that focus on serving children, the elderly, individuals with special needs, and promoting overall community wellness.
Margaret: Charleston Museum
– Educating Charleston area residents and visitors about the natural and cultural history of the South Carolina Lowcountry through collections, exhibitions, preservation, programs and research.
Elisabeth: Florence Crittenton
– Providing young, at-risk pregnant and parenting women comprehensive services to help them become self-sufficient and responsible mothers.
Elizabeth: The Center for Birds of Prey
– Identifying and addressing vital environmental issues by providing medical care to injured birds of prey and shorebirds, and through educational, research and conservation initiatives.
Beth: Village Repertory on Woolfe
– The Woolfe Street Playhouse is a 100 year old former meat packing warehouse, beautifully adapted and transformed into a state of the art theatrical facility and home to the award winning professional theater company the Village Repertory Co.
Delta: Medal of Honor Museum
– The only museum in the country dedicated solely to preserving and presenting the meaning of the Medal of Honor and the stories of its recipients.